Holton Mountain Rentals offers the best value in Long Term Rental Housing with competitive prices, great locations and the best selection of 1,2,3, & 4 bedroom Apartments, Condos, Duplexes and Houses in the High Country. Choose from over 550 clean, well maintained rental units located near the Appalachian State University Campus (App State) and in the Boone, NC area. We look forward to meeting you… Our friendly, courteous staff will be happy to help you meet your needs.
We will begin Pre-Leasing for Fall 2020-2021 on Friday, November 1st!
WHAT IS PRE-LEASING AND GENERAL INFORMATION
- Pre-leasing is a type of waiting list. It gives you the opportunity to be placed on the waiting list for up to
4 different properties at the same time.
- “Town & Country” properties are reserved for working adults & families. They are not available to undergrads.
- All roommates must be at least a junior/senior to rent one of our student-friendly houses and some of the duplexes & Townhomes.
- As a courtesy to our current tenants, we do not show our properties unless we have an empty unit. We hope the pictures/floor plans on our web site will help in your decision-making. We encourage you to drive/walk by the properties you are interested in; however, we must ask that you not disturb the residents.
WHAT IS REQUIRED TO PRE-LEASE?
- New applicants must fill out a Pre-Leasing application, and pay a $50 application fee.
- Current HMR tenants (Transfers) will need to fill out the Pre-Leasing application and only pay a $20 transfer application fee.
- The application fee is NON-REFUNDABLE IF ANY of the choices on your Pre-Leasing form are offered to you and you choose not to accept them.
- However, if we are unable to provide you with any of the choices on your Pre-Leasing form (or suggest alternatives acceptable to you) we will refund your application fee PROVIDED PROOF OF PAYMENT TO OUR OFFICE. No application fees will be refunded without the proof of payment.
COMPLETING A PRE-LEASING FORM
- A pre-leasing group is made up of 1 – 4 people. You and your roommates for August 2020 will form a
pre-leasing group and will be given one Pre-Leasing form. EACH roommate’s application, rental history verification (if applicable) & application fee must be submitted with the Pre-Leasing form.
- All group members’ information must be filled out on the Pre-Leasing form. Please designate the roommate who is easiest to contact by listing his/her information first on the form.
- Each pre-leasing group will need to decide which properties they would like to apply for. Up to four properties may be chosen and placed in order of preference, listing the #1 choice first.
- Please turn in completed application(s) and Pre-Leasing form to an HMR employee.
- Your Pre-lease form will be added to our wait lists by the date & time it is received.
- Groups consisting of one or more current HMR tenants will be given priority over new applicants only if the Pre-Lease form is submitted by January 10, 2020.
FINDING OUT IF YOUR CHOICES ARE AVAILABLE
- Current HMR tenants will be receiving their renewal notices the beginning of January and will be given until the middle of January to let us know their plans for the following year.
- We hope to be able to inform you of your choices’ availability by the middle of February.
- HMR will contact you regardless of your choices’ availability. If you have not heard from us by the middle of February, you are welcome to call and check on your group’s status.
- If HMR offers you one of your choices, you must make a decision to accept or decline the unit within 24 hours.
Rental Rates for 2020-2021 are currently being finalized. The new Rental Rates will be posted on our website within the next several weeks. If the new rental rates affects your choices please contact HMR.