Parking for Rent
Holton Mountain Rentals Pay Lot Parking Spaces will go on sale Wednesday, July 21. 2021 @10:00 AM. You will need to complete the online Pay Lot Vehicle Information Form on our website to begin the process. Once your vehicle is approved, HMR will send you a Paid Parking Space Contract to complete. Upon completion of the contract you will make your payment through the online portal. The online portal will allow you to pay via eCheck, Debit Card or Credit Card (there is no convenience fee for the echeck option).
HOLTON MOUNTAIN RENTALS – PARKING CONTRACT
THIS PARKING SPACE CONTRACT, after being signed by Tenant becomes effective as of the date when it is accepted and signed by Landlord. It is entered into between HOLTON MOUNTAIN RENTALS (Holton Management, Inc.) hereinafter “HMR”, as Agent for the Owners(s) who is named below and the person listed as Tenant below, who is hereinafter referred to as “Tenant”.
WITNESSETH: That, subject to the terms and conditions set forth by this Parking Space Contract (PSC), Landlord does hereby rent unto Tenant, and Tenant does hereby take as Tenant under Landlord, one parking space located in the parking lot marked below.
LOT PARKING SPACE LEASED IN: For and in consideration of the sum paid by Tenant to Landlord as shown below, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, Landlord does hereby rent to Tenant for the Rental Period marked below, one parking space in the parking lot marked below.
CHOOSE PARKING LOT & RENTAL PERIOD. Select the Parking Lot & Rental Period for the parking space you are renting by marking the appropriate boxes below. Rental Rates for each parking lot are shown beside that parking lot’s different Rental Periods.
Rental Period start and end dates: Entire Year: August 1, 2020 – July 31, 2021
The parking space rental shall begin at 12:01 AM on the Rental Period start date selected below and end at 11:59 PM on the end date of that Rental Period.
Campus West Parking Lot – Located near the App State Campus at the corners of River’s Street, Burrell Street and Howard Street in downtown Boone, NC, and across the street from Rivers Walk Apts. Entrance located on Burrell Street Boone, NC. Parking lot is lighted and gravel. (Compact SUV or smaller, No Exceptions!) Entire Year $1,000
Convocation Parking Lot ‑ Located next door to the Holmes Convocation Center on to the App State Campus, across the street from Boonies Chicago Style Pizza (formally Hardies) and behind Campus Pointe Apts. located at 120 Faculty Street Boone, NC. Parking lot is lighted and gravel. To enter, drive past the back of Campus Pointe Apt building through the App State Holmes Convocation Center parking lot to enter this private parking lot. (Compact SUV or smaller vehicle, No Exceptions!) Entire Year $950
Campus Pointe Apts. Pay Parking Lot ‑ Located next to the Convocation Center, across the street from Boonies Chicago Style Pizza in front of Campus Pointe Apts, at 120 Faculty Street Boone, NC. Parking lot is lighted and paved. Entire Year $1,000
Stone Creek Apts. Pay Parking Lot ‑ Located in front of Stone Creek Apts, across from the Watauga Medical Center and near the App State Beaver College of Health Sciences building, at 151 Kimberly Drive Boone, NC. Parking lot is lighted and paved. Entire Year $650
Windy Hill Apts. Pay Parking Lot ‑ Located near the Daniel Boone Inn, one and a half blocks from the App State Campus (near lots of dorms) in front of Windy Hill Apts at 125 Windy Drive, Boone NC. Parking lot is lighted and paved. Entire Year $1,000
Appletree, Campus Pointe, Campus West, Convocation, Stone Creek & Windy Hill Pay Parking Lots.
These are private parking lots and not affiliated with Appalachian State University.
The following terms and conditions will be effective 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. These terms and conditions supersede any previous terms and conditions by Holton Mountain Rentals “HMR” for parking in pay parking lots.
- DISPLAYING STICKERS: Any vehicle parked in the Appletree, Campus Pointe, Campus West, Convocation, Stone Creek & Windy Hill Pay Parking Lots must have an authorized parking sticker, properly dated, prominently displayed and permanently affixed in the proper place. If the sticker is not properly displayed, the car will be considered illegally parked and will be subject to being immobilized and/or towed accordingly. This sticker is only good for parking in the lot you are assigned to.
Place the sticker in the lower corner of the front windshield on passenger side! If the sticker is not properly displayed, the car will be considered illegally parked. There are NO EXCEPTIONS TO PARKING POLICIES AND SIGNS, so please do not ask for an exception to be made.
2. Stickers must be permanently affixed. Stickers that have been removed or tampered with in anyway are considered invalid.
- WHERE TO PARK:
ASSIGNED PARKING SPACES: Appletree parking lot has assigned parking spaces and you must park only in the one you are assigned. Stone Creek parking lot has certain parking spaces marked with a P for paid parking and you can only park in one of those spaces marked with a P. Otherwise you are subject to being towed. In all other parking lots, most of the parking spaces are not assigned and you can park in any parking space that does not have signage restricting it.
2. VEHICLE MUST BE PARKED IN A MARKED PARKING SPACE: Landlord, at his option, may have any vehicles that are improperly parked, not in a delineated parking space and/or without a valid permit, towed away, or otherwise removed, and stored at Tenant’s risk and expense. Tenant does hereby further irrevocably constitute and appoint Landlord as Tenant’s Attorney in Fact to: (1) remove any vehicles parked or stored in violation of this Parking Policy and to store the same at expense of Tenant in such place(s) as Landlord, at its sole discretion, may deem proper, (2) move any authorized vehicles of Tenant at Landlord’s expense out of the way for any maintenance, repairs, parking lot striping, snow removal, etc. if, in Landlord’s opinion, it is in the way and Tenant has not responded to Landlord’s attempt to contact him and /or Tenant fails to move vehicle in a timely manner.
3. TENANTS SHALL NOT BLOCK: trash dumpster, parking lot entrance or aisle, Vehicle is subject to being towed.
4. TENANTS PARK AT THEIR OWN RISK: Tenant agrees that Landlord, its agents, or assignees shall not be held responsible for any loss of, damage to, or theft of any vehicle parked anywhere on the grounds or premises of the parking lot, or to any personal property left in the vehicle. This includes accidents, physical or bodily damages, vandalism, acts of God or nature that may occur in the parking lot Tenant is leasing a parking space in.
- TOWING OR MOVING VEHICLE: Landlord, at his option, may have any vehicles that are improperly parked including in more than one parking space and/or without a valid permit, towed away or otherwise removed, and stored at Tenant’s risk and expense. Tenant does hereby further irrevocably constitute and appoint Landlord as Tenant’s Attorney in Fact to: (1) remove any vehicles improperly parked or stored in violation of this Parking Space Contract and to store the same at the expense of Tenant in such place(s) as Landlord, at its sole discretion, may deem proper, (2) move any authorized vehicles at Landlord’s expense out of the way of any maintenance, repairs, parking lot striping, snow removal, etc. in Landlord’s opinion it is in the way and Landlord has been unable to reach and/or get Tenant to move it first.
- REPLACEMENT STICKERS: The charge is $25.00 for a replacement sticker. You must return the old parking sticker with the serial number intact or remove it in Landlord’s presence If sticker is lost you must pay the full or a pro-rated leasing price for a parking space ($25.00 replacement charge does not apply to lost parking stickers).
- CHANGING VEHICLES: If you change vehicles for any reason you must contact HMR’s office during office hours and pick up a temporary parking permit before parking in the parking lot. Do Not park in the parking lot without a valid parking sticker. DO NOT TRANSFER YOUR PERMANENT STICKER TO A NEW VEHICLE FOR ANY REASON; it is only valid on the vehicle that is registered. Your vehicle is considered to be illegally parked and is subject to being immobilized and/or towed at your expense without a temporary or the correct permanent parking sticker affixed to the vehicle.
- NO TAILGATING ALLOWED INCLUDING ON FOOTBALL GAME DAYS.
- RENTAL RATE. For and in consideration of the Rental Rate shown on the PSC, paid by Tenant to Landlord, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Landlord does hereby rent to Tenant for the Rental Period set forth herein one parking space in the parking lot marked herein. Parking Space Rental Rate to be paid by Tenant in advance for one parking space for said Rental Period.
- SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY: Parking Spaces are rented on a first come basis. This parking space contract is subject to availability of parking spaces. Landlord reserves the right to not rent to Tenant a parking space and to refund/return Tenant’s rental payment. This parking space contract is not valid until signed by Landlord.
- PARKING SPACE RENTED: Tenant is leasing one parking space for the vehicle listed, Rental Period stated and in parking lot identified in this PSC. Vehicle is not to be occupied by any person at any time other than when the vehicle is parking in the parking lot or Tenant is getting in vehicle to leave the parking lot. No loitering allowed. No Trailers allowed.
- PARKING STICKER PURCHASES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE: Once a parking space is leased the Landlord is agreeing to make it available for you, whether you use it or not. Once the rental amount is paid for it is
Non- Refundable and no credits will be offered for any reason including for reasons of COVID-19.
- VEHICLE SIZE LIMIT: Vehicle size limit for each Parking Lot is as stated under Section 2 of this PSC. Holton Mountain Rentals reserves the right to refuse any vehicle for any reason.
- SELLING A PARKING STICKER: You may at any time, for any reason, sell your parking sticker. For a sale to be valid, the replacement tenant must meet the Landlord’s normal qualifications including vehicle size, fill out & signs a PSC and return the old sticker to qualify for the purchase of a replacement sticker as stated. See section C. Replacement Sticker.
- AGENT’S AUTHORITY: Holton Management, Inc., dba Holton Mountain Rentals, as agent for property owner shall have the authority under this PSC to act as Landlord on behalf of Property Owner. The agent or his employees shall not be held liable to Tenant for any obligation or promise of Landlord or imposed by law.
- There is no snow removal provided at any time. If any snow is removed it is a courtesy by the Landlord.
- NOTICE: These parking policies are subject to change with 7 days’ notice by email to the Tenant’s email address listed.